Hope of Ruby

 

I've been thinking from such a long time to get a puppy. Since I live alone here in Jakarta, I think a dog would be so much fun, worry-less, stress-less, and I can have a companion that can wait for me to come home, every single day.

Why would I thought of that? Maybe the loneliness just kicked me hard, telling me to have someone to talk to when I have problems or if I just caused troubles at work. Just a simple companion. But then, that's a lot of money. Since I can't adopt, because I just pretty much rent a room, not a house, they might not allow me to adopt any because they assumed I will lock the dog the entire day. So, the only chance for me is to buy a dog. But, it's a lot of money too; it can cost from Rp 1.500.000 to 5.000.000 ++ just for a dog depending on how big, type, age, and colors. 



 

So, instead of giving up, I text few people that sell expensive dogs, and ask for the price. Pretending to be a potential buyer. I encounter some of people that wants to give me dog for free, probably there are 4-5 people wants to give their dog as long as I can give them forever home and love them dearly. But, back again. Choosing a companion is not easy as if its free. The chemistry need to be felt and the love have to be shown, right away when meet.

So, one day I texted this lady who sell her champion bloodline Shih Tzu for Rp 3.500.000. I pretending to be a potential buyer and ask for the photos. She sent me 5 photos of them, and I completely fell in love with this one girl, named Ruby, but unfortunately, I can't afford buying her. So I tell the lady, it's too expensive. She said, because it's champion bloodline, and her parents are import quality, so it's expensive. I gave up and said, "No, thank you".

Well, unexpectedly, the lady became my "whatsapp" friend. We chat almost everyday, talking about how cute dogs are, and she wish I could visit her house to see her doggies. There are many of them, and all of them are champion bloodline, imported qualities. Damn expensive.

 

Then one day, she asks me if I still look for a dog. And I said yes but I don't want to buy. I want to adopt, if anyone wants to entrust their dog to me. And she said, "Come pick Ruby, I'll give her to you, with one condition. Ruby is not perfect healthy, she has inguinal hernia, and she needs to get a surgery at 6th month." So I said, "I'll go see her first."

When I met her, she's so lovely. Doe eyes, cute butt, and so calm. She's not like her other brothers that were very aggressive, playful, or active. She always stand behind, and so quite, but her eyes tells me that she needs those attention. So I pick her up, and let her play beside me. Not only that, she has skin issues too which make her fur not so beautiful at the first sight.

 

I kept thinking about her for next few days, and decided to adopt her with all her flaws. I know, she will be loved. The lady said so many people wants Ruby, but when they knew she's not completely perfect, they cancel it.

Ruby is not perfect, and she seems so slow at first. Now, she bites everything and run everywhere. She just didn't have that much energy, maybe because of the hernia. But she's alright. Her skin is getting better, and I know my pray to God never fail.

 

I'll update on how Ruby's doing in this blog.
If you're reading this far, thank you very much.
If you're thinking about buying a dog, please adopt one.
There are so many puppies and dogs that needs their forever home.
And they're lovely.. <3

Oh yes, follow Ruby on Instagram @hopeofruby

See you next time,
Rere & Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment