[REVIEW] VITAMIN E Aqua Boost Sorbet | THE BODY SHOP

Hallo!

Many of you were not really into skincare product, and just interested in make up product. Do you know that without the suitable skincare, your make up product won't be as perfect as you thought it could be?

At first, I know nothing about skincare product. The only cleanser I used was the face foam from drugstore (I'll review it soon). And after cleansed, I put on BB Cream (also from drugstore). I don't know if there is such steps like toning and moisturizing after cleansing..... until last year I decided to randomly enter the 'The Body Shop' store in a mall while waiting for my friend.

From a random store visit until became a member and regularly visit the store, I decided to trust The Body Shop for my skincare product because of the 100% vegetarian and not tested on animal. This post, I would like to share with you the very first item that I bought from TBS : VITAMIN E Aqua Boost Sorbet.

At the time I bought this moisturizer, they just launched this Aqua Boost Sorbet from Vitamin E range line. They aim to moisturize the skin at the summer time, of course for the country with four seasons a year. 
But in Indonesia, we have only two seasons : Rainy and Summer (sunny). But lately, we have only 1 season : TRANSITION PERIOD (Pancaroba), which is either rainy or sunny day, no one can guess which season are we in now. HAHAHA

Anyway, since most of the time Indonesia is in sunny days, I bet it goes well with the hot weather here, according to the product's purpose.

So, I bought this product last year with no expectation, but since I find it suitable with my skin, I bought my second one in Surabaya, mentioned in my last body shop haul here.

Enough with the long-prologue.
Read more for detail review! *smooch* 

My Vitamin E line collection






DESCRIPTION
Just like the common purpose of all moisturizer, Aqua Boost Sorbet offers an instant cooling sensation for all day hydration. This daily facial moisturizer has a silky texture that delivers extra moisture and refresh the skin with light formula and no greasy feeling.


For a moisturizer with 50 ml 1.7 OZ (49.5 g) per container item, it last quite  long for saving person like me. Though I use it as daily cream, it still last for around 4 months to repurchase.




 PRICE
Read here for price detail ^^

 MAIN INGREDIENTS
Vitamin E enriched with wheat germ oil, which has a lot of benefits such as protect and increasing the skin elasticity and moisturizing the skin, anti aging, protect skin from damage caused by UV, and as natural antioxidant.


 PACKAGING
This Aqua Boost Sorbet packed in a sturdy thick glass container with plastic screw on top. We have to dip in our finger along with nail to get the product and we can't make sure the hygiene. The container itself probably heavier than the content in it, even after emptied it up, the container still heavy. Not travel friendly, because of heavy container and no travel size as well. But, the glass container makes it looks elegant and by the glimpse of it, many will know that it's expensive item. No seal on top of the product after open the lid, so basically we don't know if the product is new or not. That's why I usually took the product at the most rear or hidden in the rack, make sure that no fingerprint or human trace on it. HAHAHA ^^



Detail about product
SCENT / FRAGRANCE
  With a soft pink color cream, we usually expect rose scent or some soft flowery scent. But, there is a signature scent for Vitamin E range in The Body Shop. They use Linalool, which is a chemical that can be found in many flowers and spice plants. So, basically Linalool is perceived as sweet, floral, petitgrain-like, and a bit touch of woody and lavender-like.



Velvet-y texture

MY-OWN-HOW-TO-USE
(1) I use it as day moisturizer, after shower and cleanse in the morning. If I remember, I put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before apply, usually when I walk to the bathroom, I stop by the fridge first, and after I shower, I took it out;
(2) After using toner (this one is optional), I took enough amount of cream at the tip of my finger and tap it at some points: forehead - right cheek - left cheek - nose tip - under lip;
(3) Smooth the cream all over the face evenly, right from the center outward the face. As for tips, I avoid using much finger or hands. I use only 3 fingers (forefinger, middle finger, and ring finger), and I only use the right hand or the clean hand. That way I can make sure the hygiene of the product when I dip in my fingers. Some people rub the face cream with both hands, well I don't, that's your option as how comfortable you use the product;
(4) Pay attention to some parts that needs more moisturizer, like under the eyes and at the end of the eye (the place that can show the sign of aging). Rub it in circle motion at those parts for the skin to absorb the product. You are the only one that knows your face the best, pay attention to it;
(5) This moisturizer isn't use as massage cream/oil. You just have to swipe evenly on your face and let it absorb, not to massage the entire face. (Use face oil when you want to massage your face);
(6) Tap your face lightly and let it absorb for at least 10 minutes before apply the next skincare product or make up. Why we should let it absorb for a while? Because when you put on next skin care without let it absorb perfectly on the skin, the product will be useless, and it will caused some granules resemble dead skin which indicates the product didn't absorb by the skin;
(7) If you confuse on how is the sequence for skincare routine, you can use it according to the product's texture. Use the products with watery / light texture to the most creamy / dense / thick / heavy texture.

No color when applied on skin
When blended, it melts right away into the skin
It leaves matte finish and cooling sensation yet hydrated face, say no to oily face!

PLUS (+) AND NEGATIVE (-) POINTS

(+) Paraben FREE;
(+) It doesn't cause me breakouts;
(+) Light smooth velvet-y texture that gives cooling sensation right after applied. Works the best after put it in refrigerator;
(+) Smells nice;
(+) Easily absorbed by your skin. It contains mineral particles to help absorb oil and gives matte effect, so that the skin stays shine free and fresh all day;
(+) Each pot contains over two million Aqua Spheres, which claimed by The Body Shop that it will deliver 24 hours feed of moisture to the skin. Usually my skin felt tight after cleansing, but after moisturizing, my skin felt refreshed;
(+) Skin feels elastic and moisturized within seconds after applied; 
(+) Suitable for all skin type. But since it has light texture, I suggest this to friends who has oily and clogging prone skin, rather than the thick creamy type one;
(+) No sticky feeling (this is important for those who easily sweats);
(+) Plastic packaging makes me no worries to carry in full tight bag;
(+) Eco-friendly (we can return the container to be recycled to get more member points), never tested on animals;
BUT
(-) Cost quite a lot; 
(-) Contains dimethicone, which means it has high silicone content and it’s because of dimethicone that we get a velvety-smooth feel during application;
(-) Actually the container isn't big, but since it's heavy we can call it no travel friendly, and uncomfortable for people with nails. No seal packaging.


AM I GOING TO BUY IT AGAIN?
As I mentioned before that this is the second time I bought it. So I say, definitely YES.
The moisturizing effect worth the money.

RATING
5 / 5
(Despite the (-) points, I still rate it 5 for the usefulness)

For some reasons (I don't know why), some photo's white background might look blueish in some screen (either PC, laptop, and or smartphone), I suggest you to adjust the brightness of your LCD. Fortunately, the blue-purple-kinda-color didn't change the product's color, so it's fine.
Thank you for read this. I hope this review can be useful for you.

*this post is not sponsored*

With L.O.V.E,
Regina.

http://instagram.com/chinthiaregina

1 comment:

  1. the eye is one organ that needs treatment, thanks for the information. eye care softgel

    ReplyDelete