[REVIEW] BODY PUREE | THE BODY SHOP

Hello!

One of my most favorite body care product is body lotion. Living and working in most air con environment, my skin won’t compromise with dryness and the dry-feelings especially at the elbow was really disturb me.

Body lotion, hand cream, body butter, and its kind, is a must item in my bag. Since I wash my hands often after toilet-time, I got my hands dry and my finger skin getting rough and thick because of my bad habit to bite finger while thinking.

Body butter from The Body Shop is one of the best. But, on the other hand, there are body puree which works the same as body butter. Lemme do the introduction~

Body butter is a type of skin moisturizer used by many for dry skin. It is heavier than creams and lotions, as it has less water in it. Due to the fact that it is made from nutrient-rich ingredients, it is used to hydrate and protect the skin. Most use a seed or nut oil as their base ingredient to produce the most hydrating formula possible.

What is Body Puree?
With no different function with body lotion and body butter as previous mentioned, body puree used by many to moisturize the skin. With lightweight gel-based, body puree works the same with body butter, but with short durable time than body butter. So, based on the people recommendation, I conclude the difference between body butter and body puree in the following table :

Criteria
Body Butter
Body Puree
Effectiveness
Up to 24 hours
Up to 12 hours
Skin type
Normal to very dry skin
Normal skin
Texture
Heavy and thick
Light-weight
Scent
Strong (less water)
Soft (more water)

Since the table above comes from others, I’ll talk about the performance of Body Puree from The Body Shop, from my own perspective. Next time, I'll write about body butter. Let’s start!




DESCRIPTION
Body Puree is another hand and body care line from The Body Shop which aim for skin moisturizing. Consists of fabulously fruity and juicy natural ingredients (oil based ingredients) and Community Fair Trade Shea butter and antioxidant which help protect the skin healthy and moisturized, and make the skin feels soft and smooth. It also has cooling and refreshing sensation instantly after use.

I used to have the Shea body puree before, but for this post I have 2 (two) products to share, which is Satsuma and Strawberry.

Featuring My Lovable Giraffe <3

 Satsuma actually the English name from Wenzhou Migan (as well known in China), or often known as Seedless Mandarin (Citrus Unshiu). Although the satsuma is named after a province in Japan (because first exported to West from Japan), the trees actually native to China. Lots of benefits from Satsuma, such as : 
1. Leave your complexion feeling utterly refreshed and looking revitalized;
2. Demonstrated excellent anti-oxidation effect;
3. Effectively promotes the proliferation of dermal fibroblast cells suggesting its effect
    on skin rejuvenation;
4. Revives a dull appearance by lightening dark spots and hyper-pigmentation;
5. Prevents against skin hyper-pigmentation.


 Strawberry is a well known healthy fruit for all people. Let’s learn the surprising benefits for skin from it :
1. Nutrient-rich and packed with antioxidants (like vitamin C) which can be used for
    wrinkle prevention (YES PLEASE!!);
2. Helps improve skin's elasticity and resilience;
3. Protection from ultraviolet radiation;
4.  Treatment of pigmentation.


No wonder, The Body Shop are dying to look for the best natural ingredients to be used for their proudly products, which is very best for all skin food. You see just how powerful the benefits are? A very good start to know a beauty product is to know the basic ingredients and usefulness, so you can pick whichever your skin needs to be feed.

PRICE
IDR 159.000 for 250 ml

INGREDIENTS
From what the packaging stated, the body puree contains strawberry seed oil and satsuma oil from Brazil (too far to get the satsuma, Mann. You can go to China and got the original one). And also, as stated before that they use Shea butter and corn starch as skin conditioning agent, bunch of fragrance ingredients and paraben as preservative.

PACKAGING
The body puree comes with rounded plastic bottle. As I’m clumsy in handling things, I’ll not afraid if somehow I drop the bottle as I use it. The bottle also has locking system at the pump, so you don’t have to worry if its placed in a mess bag and accidentally pressed.

Pump System
 
Turn Right to Open, and Left to Stop

MY-OWN-HOW-TO-USE
I use body puree only when I’m at home. When I outside or at office, I often use hand cream travel size to moisturizing my hand. As for body puree, I use twice a day after a bath in the morning and night before bed time. That way, when I awake next morning, my skin won’t feel dry and rough. I tend to use few pumps for very dry body part such as my arm, and thighs. But you can use however you satisfied with, based on your skin surface.
 
1. Texture; 2. When blended on the skin; 3. After blended.

PLUS (+) AND NEGATIVE (-) POINTS
+       Good locking system (even though I never bring it when I outside, except
          when I spent overnight in traveling);
+       Has light cooling sensation;
+       Lightweight texture which can easily absorbed by your skin;
+       Cost-effective considering the quantity and the brand;
+       Your skin instantly feels silky, smooth, and moisturized in just a matter of
          seconds. Gives a nice finish and disappears within seconds after applied;
+       Very nice scent. I like the strawberry one, it’s not too strong and just like
          how I smell the strawberry. But,
-        Minus for the satsuma. At second, you can smell very nice citrus scent, but
         the next second, you can smell the strong scent that didn’t easily soft away, and I get sick with it until somehow my brain won’t cooperate with my nose (yuck);
-        They said that it could moisturizing your skin up till 12 hours, but big NO. I
         find it effective enough for about 4-5 hours, and I have to re-apply it;
-        Suitable for normal skin only.

AM I GOING TO BUY IT AGAIN?
I know that most people don’t like the strong scent that comes from it, but except for the satsuma, I’ll definitely repurchased it. Actually, this strawberry and satsuma is the 4th bottle. The first one I bought the peach, and the second one is the Shea. As for the peach, I like the scent, but not with Shea. I find it unacceptable truth for my nose system. ^^

RATING
4.5 / 5

The Variant
Thank you for read this. I hope you can use this information as your consideration when you buy the product.

*this is not sponsored*

With L.O.V.E,
Regina.

http://instagram.com/chinthiaregina

No comments:

Post a Comment