[REVIEW] BODY BUTTER | THE BODY SHOP

Hallo!

Nowadays I involved in some beauty projects (most likely, I invented my face to review lots of good products). Trial and error happens, but I’m happy because I have bunch of beauty materials in my blogspot to be shared with all my friends. They’re ready, and I’ll publish it after this post, scheduled EVERYDAY! Yayyy!

I thank you for some friends who email me, and ask me how I live lately (maybe because I disappeared after continuously post something). It also inspired me to write some updates about my life lately since I encountered some difficulties as I live. I’ll update it along with the beauty product review soon! *pinky promise*

As I previously mentioned in my previous post about Body Puree from The Body Shop, I would like to talk about the promised beauty product which is Body Butter, also from the same store. (I love TBS ^^)

The Body Shop is one of the store who invented the Body Butter. That’s why, lots of reviews coming from all beautician about how good the body butter line from this store. Because I already mentioned about what is body butter and the differences with body puree in here, let me skip this step just to shortened this post and go to the point.




DESCRIPTION
Body Butter is one of the product in The Body Shop which are well known in whole wide world (yes, I said it right). Whole-Wide-World. Despite of lots of body butter comes from another brand, the body butter from The Body Shop still going strong. And the proof of the excellent consistency of body butter from The Body Shop is  when they’ve been acknowledged as TOP BRAND in Indonesia.

TOP BRAND Award is an appreciation of the brands that are categorized as a top brand. Top Brand Award is given to brands in certain product categories that meet Top criteria. Top criteria is based on a survey conducted by Frontier Consulting Group. For more information about TOP BRAND award, read here.

As claimed by The Body Shop, we can enjoy supple, silky and super-soft skin with the body butter which is fruity, creamy, and decadently thick as an all-over body moisturizer. The body butter was said amazingly absorbent and beautifully light, made with Community Fair Trade Shea butter, Community Fair Trade Cocoa butter, and natural fruit extract that can melts at body temperature, so it absorbs easily to provide fantastic hydration, and leaves no greasy residue, and with promising long-last moisturizing effect for 24 hours. (No exaggerating here, it was all said in the website).

For this post, I have some body butter to show with 4 different scents : Cranberry Joy, Ginger Sparkle, Vanilla Bliss, and Glazed Apple. I bought this body butter back when I went to Surabaya. I post my Body Shop haul back there in here.
I was lucky because I got most of these products at discount, and also in travel size. FYI, The Body Shop didn't specifically sell the travel size for body butter. Usually, they sell the travel size in special packaging or when there is special season/limited edition, like Christmas or Halloween.

The original size of body butter is in 200ml 6.75 OZ (192 g), and the travel size version is in 50ml 1.6 OZ (48 g). Very handy and easily packed in our makeup or skincare pouch. I (maybe everyone too) wish they will sell the travel size in retail too, since we all need the small size to be carried. 

FYI, my skin is normal. So, basically, using the body puree is enough for me, but rich moisturized skin is good to prevent wrinkles or skin aging, that's why I decided to use body butter for times when I felt my skin is in severe dry condition because often exposed to air con.

 PRICE
Read here for price detail ^^

 MAIN INGREDIENTS
Community Fair Trade Cocoa butter, an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Community Fair Trade Shea butter that moisturizes and soften skin.

(Natural Extract) APPLE SEED
The apple seed is reportedly a good source for fatty acids which moisturize the skin in a variety of daily skincare preparations.

(Natural Extract) GINGER
Ginger for detoxifies and disinfects and has been positively connected to reduced bacterial and viral infections in a person who sweats regularly, since it can create a sheen on the skin, a protective layer of previously unknown proteins. Without us knowing, ginger not only works from the body inside, but also from outside.


(Natural Extract) VANILLA
Vanilla is rich in antioxidants which prevent and reverse skin damage caused by free radicals. It helps to slow down signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. Vanilla also a good source of B-vitamins which play an important role in the maintenance of healthy skin. The antioxidants properties protect your skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants and toxins.


(Natural Extract) CRANBERRY
Cranberry is extremely rich in tocotrienols and are used as a highly nourishing and moisturizing ingredient. Omega 3 fatty acid that has been found in cranberry not only to reduce the damage and aging caused by sunlight, but when applied to the skin, also improve collagen and the elastin fibers in the skin.


 PACKAGING
The classic packaging for body butter that didn't change for decade - round plastic tube or container with screw on cap. Probably because the creamy thick texture of body butter that makes it difficult to change to pump bottle (since pump bottle should be more liquid in texture so it won't be difficult when being pumped up). The (+) point here, it's not fragile and easily carried and no worries if being pressed inside the bag. The (-) point, for girls who grow out nails, it's uncomfortable to take the cream with fingers since it's easily stuck in the nail, and we can't make sure the hygiene too when we need to dip fingers along with nails in to get the products. The list of ingredients, manufacturing date, expiry date and other necessary details mentioned below the container. In Indonesia, we need to peel the sticker to get the full ingredients list.


SCENT / FRAGRANCE
My all time favorite is GLAZED APPLE. It smells like apple sweet candy. I love it the most and I treasure it so much (I use it occasionally since it's limited edition for last Christmas season).
 The vanilla bliss really smells like vanilla, I remember when I entered my friend's car (Mbak Ambar, and she loves vanilla to the point of every items of her smells V.A.N.I.L.L.A), and I fell sick because the strong scent. After that, I tend to avoid vanilla scent. But since the travel size sold in package, I had no choice but to take this vanilla bliss home too.
The ginger sparkle smells like ginger candy for mouth freshener. I don't like my food with obvious ginger smell on it, but unexpectedly, I like this ginger sparkle. And last is cranberry joy with strong berry scent (I found it amazing). No other additional scent in it, just berry, as how far I remember the berry scent. Hihihi ^^ 

MY-OWN-HOW-TO-USE
After I showered, I use the body butter all over my body (not face), just like how I use my body puree or other body lotion. I took enough amount for some body part, and I rub it all in the body part. I usually start with this sequence : arms and hands - neck along with back (for how far I could reach my back) - stomach - thighs to toes.
If I'm in a hurry, I usually just use in some body parts that dry easily or body parts that are often exposed to air con, which are arms and hands - neck - foot - and I'm done. Because I have some travel size in my bag, I do reapply as much as I need it.

Creamy and dense texture

Applied on hand

PLUS (+) AND NEGATIVE (-) POINTS

(+) Creamy and thick texture (more rich and dense rather than body puree) which indicates the highly moisturizing effect to skin but no heavy-weight feeling after use;
(+) Smells amazing and the smells also last long;
(+) Easily absorbed by your skin; 
(+) Skin feels smooth and moisturized within seconds after applied; 
(+) Suitable for all skin type (often suggested to people with very dry skin);
(+) No sticky feeling (this is important for those who easily sweats);
(+) Plastic packaging makes me no worries to carry in full tight bag;
(+) Eco-friendly, 100% vegetarian, never tested on animals, contains Community Fair Trade ingredients, no sulfates, no phthalates, no GMOs, no Triclosan;
BUT
(-) Pricey! Since in Indonesia we could find another drugstore brand with cheaper price, people tend to pick the cheap one as long as they work the same; 
(-) Claimed to moisturize skin up to 24 hours, but I need to reapply after 6 hours. Probably it means to moisturize UNDER the skin for 24 hours - I don't know what happens under my skin; 
(-) Container packaging that uncomfortable for people with nails;
(-) No seal on it for the first time open the container. If I were about to give it as a gift, they might think if I use it beforehand;
(-) Container packaging also makes me difficult to measure the enough amount of cream in my hands before used;
(-) No travel size in retail;
(-) All this 4 scents are limited edition! TT______TT


AM I GOING TO BUY IT AGAIN?
Definitely YES. With useful ingredients for your moisturized skin, its worth the money.

RATING
4.5 / 5


Thank you for read this. I hope this review can be useful for you.

*this post is not sponsored*

With L.O.V.E,
Regina.

No comments:

Post a Comment