[GET TO KNOW ME] Indication that I'm a HUMAN (a.k.a Good and Bad Habits of mine)



Hello!

I believe that every person that get to read this post also have good and bad habits. Since we're living with various personality, the habits can be formed through how we live our life since the very beginning (started from the family) or could be formed through the environment we grew up.

One of the definition of habit (link) as noun is an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary. The keywords here are behavior and pattern. Why I said so? Because since everything begin from behavior that has some pattern (in this case : regularly), the habit may be formed. OK, up till this, I should've enough with the explanation.

This post might be unaccepted by some people who have different point of view with me, and I just want to share my point of view of what are good/bad habits of mine. Let's go!


B.A.D -- H.A.B.I.T.S

  1. I bite my fingers (not nails, but the part of flesh that hardened right beside the nails) when I need to concentrate. That's why one of the reason I really don't like my fingers is because it has rough skin and not pretty. Other reason is because my fingers looks fat and short.
  2. I don't re-check everything that I lock. My mom is perfect in this habit. She makes sure the door locked twice, and she pretend to reopen the door after she lock it (even she sure that she locked it already), same with car door. I have this bad habit that I don't recheck it, and I even forget if I already lock the door or not.
  3. I can sleep without brushing my teeth first. Some people find it gross to not brush your teeth before bed time. But, I might be the worst. I try so hard to not skip brush my teeth before bed time, but if the day was so tiring, I can't help but to sleep anyway. One thing that I can't skip : wash my face. Everyone said that if I find time to wash my face, I should've find time to brush my teeth, it doesn't take long time and it's not hard to do.
  4. It's difficult for me to sleep early at night. I know that this might be common problem for all adult, but I think mine is severe. It was started since Junior High School. I find it comfortable to stay awake during night than the day. So I started to cleaned up my room at night, did homework at midnight, and sleep early in the morning. Became more severe when I was in Senior High School. Mom was really mad when she found me still fresh awake at dawn. And, what's even worse? I find it easy to concentrate when I study at midnight, rather than early in the morning. I sleep for about 4-5 hours a day (not a good sleep-cycle), but if I sleep for 8 hours, I find difficult to pull myself up at the day, I feel more lazy, and not energizing. I have this bigger dream to start sleep early someday.
  5. Too straightforward. Some friends might find it OK and not bother by it. But for some friends who aren't close with me, they find me offensive and even my jokes could be felt like knives that pierced into their heart. That's why when I start to feel that a person is close to me and could be my best friend, I tell them beforehand that my personality is kinda weird and they could find me burdensome, so if there is something they don't like, they could tell me straightforward too, that's why I won't hurt them later with the jokes they don't like.
  6. Crisis of confidence. I lack in believing something. I lack in believing myself as well as others. I witnessed the destruction of trust in front of me, and so I said to myself that I will not believe in anything unless you can prove otherwise. My boss said that I'm a person with high ideality. That's why I'm a good match to do a sparring with him because I could challenge him with lots of question. But, I found this crisis of confidence was very burdensome in my love life. What's the point of having a relationship if I never trust my partner?
  7. Someone has to blow up the bombs to wake me up. Up till this day, my mom still call me early in the morning for couple times to wake me up. Why? Because she understand the most that alarm will not wake me up no matter what. Something vibrates could distract my dreams, so she decided to call me every single day.
  8. I can't sleep with lamps off (or in the dark room). Since I was young, mom never allowed me to turn off the lamp in my bedroom. She scares me that something might pop up somewhere without me knowing if I can't see anything in the room. But nowadays, I try to sleep with my lamps off or at least there is a slight ray somewhere nearby me. I have to practice, in case I get a husband that couldn't sleep with lamp on later. HAHAHA ^^
  9. I wash my hair at night. Mom always told me that it's dangerous to wash my hair at night, since it could cause me a bad headache. But I still wash my hair at night anyway. I find it easily makes me sleepy.
  10. I'm easily addicted to anything that I find interesting. Like eating one type of food for days without any changes in menu, or easily addicted to a drink that I find nice in my tongue. Once, I drink this beverage from Chatime, name Fresh Milk with Grass Jelly with extra sugar, for 7 days straight. Mom said that I can't control my sugar level later and that we have diabetes history in the family, so I have to cut it down.
  11. Well, it's not just this 10, there are a lot. But this 10 are the most stand out bad habits in my life.

 G.O.O.D -- H.A.B.I.T.S
  1. I like reading. At least I try to always have book within grasp. That way I could improve my reading skills and get some knowledge. Era is developing. So if I can't catch up, I'll be left behind.
  2. I force myself to work out at least once a week. I did register in a gym, but since I don't have time to keep up with the gym schedule, I prefer to work out at home. I can do all sort of things to lightly work out at least once a week for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
  3. Drink water 1,5 - 2 Liters per day. So I have this big bottle for me to measure how many water I drank for a day. That way, I can make sure my water intake is enough to cover the water that run out of my body.
  4. Share and learn a lot. I like when people ask me about something that I really interested in, like make up, skincare, or computer, and also everything that I don't know at all. I have this mindset that if we keep share about what do we know about things, there is no way we can forget it and we can improve by the questions that came along with sharing moments.
  5. I can live without my hand phone. While some people can't get away without their phone, I can. I need the phone, but I'm not too fond of it. Except there is a work that I can't help but wait for a phone call or chat, I can have fun by myself even without hand phone.
  6. I wash my hands often. Not just after toilet or after eating, this habit started around a year ago. Since I watched a video clip about how dirty our hands are after holding a phone or public facility, I start to wash my hands properly.
  7. GO GREEN person. I really proud of this one. I started to think that we all need this habit start from our own. I always bring tumbler in my bag, and I reuse everything properly just to minimize the trash. This all started around 2 years ago when I challenge myself to do 7 days go green habit.
  8. Always be 100%. When I wash myself, I make sure that my body washed 100% thoroughly. When I clean the room, I make sure that the ceiling, every corner, under the drawer, under the bed, are all clean. Doing everything 100% can be burdensome but since I enjoy it, I don't need to depend on someone to do my chores.
  9. Think before act. I always gave everything a second thought. I'm not the type of person who randomly take action for something important, especially about my future. I think about choices and what are the probabilities if I take each choices.
  10. Write a lot.I have this own drawer in my home, back in Manado, just to store up my books. And now, since I live in Jakarta, the books also started to pile up. No, it's not books to read. But books to write. I collect all the notebooks because I have to write one page each night. I also made a special book, "3 things to be grateful for today". I wrote this book every night before bed time just to remind me of every blessings that I've got. I also write to-do-list on the books each day. That way, I won't be a forgetful person, especially work matters.
  11. Just that? If I can think of any other, I'll make sure to share with you more. 

My notebooks collection (please don't mind the DEATH NOTE behind)

The books I enjoy reading lately "Normal is Boring" and "Bukan Siapa Siapa"

My favorite tumbler from Starbucks

All time favorite - antibacterial hand wash

Shampoo and Conditioner brand that I use since High School

Comfortable workout shoes

Drinking water is good for you diet ^^

 What are your habits? Good or bad, spread the love.

Until next time,
Regina.

No comments:

Post a Comment