[REVIEW] The Body Shop - Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask

Heyy gurls heyyy...

It's been a while since my last post about my life update, and I also deleted some of the post that I thought isn't relevant with the content of my blog here because some of it about my private life.

I still think I'll update how I live my life lately in this blog, but of course in a more attractive way. I can't wait to be busy again with my blog and I wish I could expand the content more.

OK.
Cut with the crap, now this time I'm going to review one of my skincare that keep my pores clean and tight. Lately, I was busy with work pressure and I don't really have any vacation much, so yes, I still blessed with all these pimples and blackheads. Moreover, I can't avoid my PMS package that frequently comes. Desperately looking for help, the only thing I could think of was, I need a deep cleansing mask. So I was searching what type of mask that good for my dry-combination skin, and the answer is "CLAY MASK".


For my starter, I trust The Body Shop as the nature brand for any skincare, and so I chose the clay mask from the seaweed series. I've heard so many good things about this mask and now it's time for me to see if it's worth the hype.




The first thing we have to check before we buy a product is the expiry date, and the ingredients. I can't lie that the ingredients disappoint me. It still consist of some alcohol like Alcohol Denat and Benzyl Alcohol which may dries out the skin. However, they included the Fucus Vesiculosus, which common known as bladder wrack, a seaweed extract that possesses anti-aging activities and may be useful for a variety of cosmetics.





The product used to deeply cleanse your skin with purifying and balancing seaweed oil clay mask. Our skin will be left feeling fresh, revitalised, and pure. That's what they promised us.




It is packaged in plastic jar normally, and there is no way we can expect pump for clay mask (it will be hard on the way of the rubber pipe before it comes out!). They didn't provide spatula along with the products, so either you have to provide your own, or you just have to scoop with your finger (no hygiene). It's not travel friendly since the jar is quite took space and also I don't intend to use any clay mask while traveling, so no problem with this one.




For common usage, clay mask is recommended to use 2 times a week at most. No more than that because it can really dries out and stripped your skin. So, a little goes along the way (this isn't little tho). The texture is like..... Clay. It's hard, thick, and not so mushy. What do you expect? LOL




What bothers me a lot is the smell. It has a strong smell once I open the lid, and even when I apply it into my face, I can still smell it stabbing my nose. I wait for 10-15 minutes and the clay started to hardened and I can't move a single face muscle, because if I laugh then the clay will crack. What happened if it crack? Nothing happened. You will just have all the dirt in your shirt. XD




How's the result?
I wash it off and to tell you the truth, clay mask is hard to remove when you only use your hands along with water. You better use warm face towel so it can easily removed, or you have to keep wetting your face with water so you can rub it off.
First impression : my skin felt BURNED! I feel the burn and sore area around the cheek for about 10 minutes after wash. However, overall, the face felt deep cleaned and I can't see much different with my pores after few month usage. Oh, thankfully, it doesn't dry my skin a lot.


1. Skin feels clean
2. Quite affordable
3. A little goes along the way
4. Good for very oily skin (for combination it might make the dry part getting drier)


1. Smells horrible (alcohol + perfume = bleeding nose stab)
2. Doesn't come with spatula (hygiene please)
3. Not recommended for sensitive skin, it might burn your skin
4. Doesn't affect much to my pores

So far, I have no intentions to repurchased it, because I want to try another clay or mud mask for sensitive skin.
This product already comes out with a new packaging but still with the same blue color to represent the sea, bringing a good vibe to the product packaging itself. I already use this products for about 6 months and there is no sign of running out. But I'll still use it whatever, since I haven't got any other clay mask to try. Or do you have any recommended products to use?   

No comments:

Post a Comment