[REVIEW] Beauty Story - Primer Smooth & Luminous

After my long awaited post that I've posted, I'm getting hyped up to write more in this beauty blog. I want to share so many good products that I recently tried over 1 vacant year, and also there are few disappoint products as well.

Next review I want to talk with you is this affordable primer for beauty junkies. There are times when you want your skin to look glow from within but you have no choice because you have to deal with your dry skin, right? Maybe because your skincare doesn't give the expected result, but I can tell you one thing, base makeup could help you with the trouble. As long as you find a good base makeup, you could definitely say goodbye to patchy-looking-skin under your makeup, and your face may looks healthy from within.

Face primer is the beginning of makeup steps. If you want to achieve a glowy (not oily) looking skin, you have to find a suitable luminous primer with your skin. Few months ago, after passed through the display cabinet over and over again at Watson, I decided to pick up this primer. I know it's a bit risky to try something that I literally haven't read any review at internet, but because it's so affordable I wanted to try, it's a luminous primer from Beauty Story





 I interested to Beauty Story because of the cute packaging at first sight (I can't deny I still judge something by the cover). The cover is nicely packaged with pink or white as the dominant color, and they look deadly feminine! 
So, I read the instruction and the description they wrote behind the packaging, and 1 thing that made me sure to buy it was because it's cruelty free.

 I'm so glad, the more I know about certain brand, the more I know many brand that cruelty free. I can't say that I used all cruelty free makeup brand, but if I had to choose, I want to use something that doesn't have to be so cruel to the environment, especially tested to the animals.



This brand targeted at young girls (teenager to middle twenties), but if you still want to use the products, use it anyway since makeup has no boundaries. Hehe
Speaking of the product, here's what they wrote.

A great face starts with a great base. Moisture is the key to long lasting makeup pearl primer that smooth uneven skin surface and make flawless canvas for application, allowing following make up to glide on easily and stay fresh and gives complexion a luminous glow for hours.

Pearl base gold, pink, green pearls that brightens skin. It also keeps skin moist and has oil block powder to absorb sebum to prevent oiliness, making a great base before makeup. Ideal for all skin types, the universal pearl tint creates a soft focus effect to minimize the look of imperfections for beautiful skin that radiates from within.





This primer comes with a not-so-bulky-tube and travel friendly tube. It contains 30 ml but a little goes a long the way. I've been used it for few months and I think it could last for more than a year, since I'm not usually put on primer when I use makeup. The tube comes with a long screw lid that make me easily control how much product I want to use in the back of my hand. So thoughtful.





The product isn't really washy, but also not so dense, and fortunately no scent so it's good for people with sensitive skin. It has pearly finish, easily blends into my skin, and by the photos you may see that it brighten up my skin a little bit and make it more glowy (not oily). However, since it's only a primer, it doesn't cover anything. My freckles and my dark spots still there. Hehe





It's moisturizing, and yes I agree with their disclaimer that it suits for every skin type. It doesn't give me greasy feeling even it shows some glows. But what makes me still use this because I don't experience any break out, so that's what makes me love it even more. I use it before my makeup, and after my skincare routine.



As usual, our expectations for a primer is that the primer can hold our base makeup for such a long time. It does the job, but not so much better than other primer. It can hold my base makeup for probably 4-5 hours, that's the longest. In some days where my face is too oily or sweaty, it can't do any better job. So I'm not recommend this for any of you who wants primer that can last all day.



So far, it's a good drugstore primer. Cheap and does the job, I'm fully satisfied with this primer, and I'll definitely repurchase if I'm run out of it (probably 2 more years later). Haha




1. So thoughtful (no paraben, cruelty free, recycled packaging, no scent)
2. Cheap and travel friendly
3. Does the job (the skin looks so radiant and naturally glowing)
4. Moisturizing but not greasy
5. Good for all skin type


1. Doesn't stay long



Anyway, I'm so happy I can go back to write some reviews. And thank you to friends who are very supportive of my come back blogpost. I hope I could be somewhat helpful to you. Thank you so much for reading, and let's be friends on my instagram too. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment